Delivery & Collection
Deliveries and Collections within a 50 km radius from Brooklyn, Pretoria and within office hours are free of charge for rentals of 3 days and longer (exceptions can sometimes be made). The 50 km radius includes deliveries and collections to OR Tambo International Airport, Wonderboom and Lanseria Airports.
Prior arrangements are required for Pender’s planning purposes. Customers who have made arrangements well in advance will be given priority. Pender Car Rental will not always be able to assist with a delivery / collection at the time requested by the customer, especially if an arrangement is requested on short notice, but will try its utmost best to arrange a suitable time as close as possible to the requested delivery / collection time.
Pender Car Rental Office Hours for the purpose of deliveries / collections are:
Mondays to Fridays, 08:30 am to 15:30 pm
Saturdays, 08:30 am to 14:00 pm
Sundays, 09:30 am to 12:30 pm
Public Holidays, 08:30 am to 12:30 pm
The following will however be for the renter’s account:
- The kilometres from the depot to the delivery / collection point.
- All e-toll fees at the Government Gazetted standard tariff if the rental vehicle passes through any e-toll gantries on its way to the delivery point or upon return to the depot from the collection point.
- All e-toll fees at the Government Gazetted standard tariff if the second vehicle with the second Pender driver who has to fetch or drop the first Pender driver in the rental vehicle passes through any e-toll gantries on its way to the delivery point or upon return to the depot from the collection point.
- The Gautrain fee should a driver use the Gautrain as means of transport to get to a collection point or as means of transport to the depot after delivery of a rental vehicle.
- All parking fees should it be necessary for the rental vehicle to be parked in a parking bay (i.e. OR Tambo Airport) at the time of delivery / collection.
Deliveries and Collections:
Exceeding the 50 km radius: ZAR 9.00 per km
For rentals of 2 days or less: ZAR 320.00 per delivery / collection trip within a 50 km radius from depot
Outside of office hours (Prior arrangement only): ZAR 320.00 per delivery / collection trip within a 50 km radius from depot
For rentals outside of office hours and 2 days or less: ZAR 640.00 per delivery / collection trip within a 50 km radius from depot
A late fee of ZAR 300.00 will be applicable if the arranged delivery / collection time is not honoured.
All costs incurred (i.e. e-toll fees, Gautrain fees, parking fees, etc.) to get to a delivery / collection point as explained above will also be for the renter’s account.
Cross Border Rentals
Cross Border Rentals can be provided for Lesotho, Swaziland, Namibia and Botswana.
Lesotho ZAR 400.00 per border crossing
Swaziland ZAR 400.00 per border crossing
Namibia ZAR 1,000.00 per border crossing
Botswana ZAR 1,000.00 per border crossing
- Permission must be requested in advance in order to take a Pender vehicle across an international border whereupon Pender will issue a Letter of Authority/Permission.
- The customer’s ‘own liability’ doubles as soon as a border is crossed.
- Pender Vehicles are not allowed to cross any other borders other than Lesotho, Swaziland, Namibia and Botswana.
One-way Rental between Pretoria / Johannesburg and Cape Town
One-way rentals between Pretoria / Johannesburg and Cape Town can be arranged on request at Pender’s discretion. An additional fee per trip will be applicable. The fee varies depending on season and size of vehicle.